The Parish Council is committed to improve, maintain, strengthen and support the many local community/sports associations and groups that help to make a positive difference in Bidford-on-Avon. The Grant Scheme has been set up to assist community/sports organisations, groups and individuals to get started and to continue contributing to the local community.
In special circumstances, this may include assisting with the running costs. The Parish Council is looking to enable local community/sports associations and groups to benefit the local community and improve the quality of life of some or all residents.
Its aim is to involve the community and make a difference, not only through its grant process, but also by exploring other ways in which they can grow and develop. Its vision to work with all local community/sports groups and enable them to work in partnership for their benefit and the benefit of those around them.
Applications can be completed and sent to the Parish Council at any time but will only be considered, by the Amenities Working Group, at its next meeting after receipt of the application. The Amenities WG will then make its recommendation to full council which will make the final decision. Applicants will be advised of the date of the Parish Council meeting when the decision will be made.
Grants will be considered for:
• Start up groups subject to a satisfactory business plan
• Specific projects
• Purchase of specific equipment
• Identified issues that require funding
• Funding of outside groups that benefit the local community suchas CAB and other UK based charities or organisations
• In special circumstances, grants to assist the running costs of an organisation, for an agreed limited time, when it is deemed that lack of funding may result in the closure or scaling down of the organisation with the consequent harm to the local community.
You can download a copy of our Grants Application Policy form using the link below, as well as the Grants Application Form itself.
The Big Meadow - Free Car Pass Fob Information
Residents of Bidford on Avon Parish Council are able to obtain a Free Car Pass Fob from the Parish Council Office on Bramley Way. This will enable them to use the fob on the new machines and not pay. Failure to obtain a fob may result in having to pay the £3 entry fee, not returnable and, failure to pay may result in a fine.
Proof of residency will be required: if you are on the Electoral Roll this is no problem, if not, please bring proof with you, preferably the Council Tax Letter
Following Covid 19 guidelines, the Clerk is working from home but is attending the office for 2 to 3 hours a day to distribute the fobs. Times of when the office is open available online – please check these. Also cheque the Parish Council Facebook Page as the times are published daily.
If you have any queries, please contract the Clerk on 07718 628925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIG MEADOW FREE CAR “FOBS” SCHEDULE
DATE AND TIME WHEN BIDFORD ON AVON PARISH COUNCIL OFFICE WILL BE OPEN FOR COLLECTION AND INSTRUCTIONS
The Parish Council Office is situated at Bramley Way, Bidford on Avon B50 4QG (same building as the Primary School and Library)
- The FREE Car “Fobs” are available to Bidford on Avon residents who pay their Precept to Bidford-on-Avon Parish Council – you can find this information on the Council Tax Demand.
- Residents will be checked against the Electoral Role – if you are unsure if you are on it, please bring 2 x proof of residence with you.
- The Registration of all cars that require a “fob” must be given, so please make sure you have this information .
- To ensure the safety of staff and residents available days and times take into account:
- Clerk’s work schedule (meetings etc)
- School opening times
- Library opening times
5. Residents are requested to:
- Keep social distance of 2 metres
- Wear a mask
- Sanitiser will be made available and must be used when entering the premises
- When possible, one member of a family to collect the fobs on behalf of all. Names wil be required and they do have to be on the Electoral Role or pother proof of residence will be required
SCHEDULE – please note this may be subject to change which will be posted on the Parish Council Facebook page @BidfordParishCouncil
- Monday 2nd August 10.30 – 12.30
- Tuesday 3rd 14.30 – 16.30
- Wednesday 4th 14.00 - 16.00
- Thursday 5th 13.00 – 15.00
- Friday 6th 14.00 – 16.00
- Monday 9th NO DISTRIBUTION
- Tuesday 10th NO DISTRIBUTION
- Wednesday 11th NO DISTRIBUTION
- Thursday 12th NO DISTRIBUTION
- Friday 13th NO DISTRIBUTION
- Monday 16th 10.30 – 12.30
- Tuesday 17th 14.30 – 16.30
- Wednesday 18th 14.00 – 16.00
- Thursday 19th 13.00 - 15.00
- Friday 20th 14.00 – 16.00
- Monday 23rd 10.30 – 12.30
- Tuesday 24th 14.30 – 16.30
- Wednesday 25th 14.00 – 16.00
- Thursday 26th 13.00 - 15.00
- Friday 27th 14.00 – 16.00
- Monday 30th Bank Holiday
- Tuesday 31st 14.30 – 16.30
Apply to hold an event on the Big Meadow
The Parish Council is keen to encourage use of The Big Meadow as a summer venue for events.
See the guide and booking form below for more information on the available sites, any applicable charges, and special conditions of use.
Report a Crime
If you've witnessed or been the victim of crime, the link below will take you to the Warwickshire Police website, where you can contact Warwickshire Police directly. Please remember, if you feel that there is an immediate danger either to yourself or others, call 999.
https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/ (opens external link)
Latest Road Closures
If you’re looking for information relating to current planned roadworks and road closures in and around Bidford, Warwickshire County Council have an interactive map that you can use to find out. Click the link below and you will open the map on the Warwickshire County Council website, then simply zoom in and drag the map to where you wish to check. You can choose to view items from today, the next two weeks, six months or twelve months.
The Parish Council has installed a number of Advertising Gates at various entrances to the village, to help local groups advertise their event(s) free of charge.
When not in use, business will be able to book the gates at a cost of £25 per week per gate
These Advertising gates are located at:
- B439 Stratford Road (entry from Stratford)
- B439 Tower Hill (opposite Waterloo Road)
- B439 Salford Road (entry from Salford Priors)
- Waterloo Road
- Honeybourne Road
To book the Advertising Gates for your event(s) please download and complete the relevant form below and send to email@example.com
BIDFORD ON AVON PARISH COUNCIL’S BURIAL CHARGES EFFECTIVE FROM 1ST APRIL 2021
Purchased Grave - £280.00
Burial - £190.00
Grave re-opening - £190.00
Garden of Remembrance
Purchased plot - £185.00
Interment of Ashes - £130.00
Re-opening of plot - £130.00
N.B. All the above charges will be doubled for non-residents
All soil to be removed from site. Failure to do so may result in your company being invoiced by the Parish Council for the cost of removing it.
Headstone - £185.00
Headstone- second inscription - £100.00
Plaque - £100.00
Please note that the Parish Council does not permit the scattering of ashes in the cemetery - kindly advise your clients accordingly.
It would also be appreciated if you could draw the following regulations, which apply to the Garden of Remembrance, Salford Road Cemetery, to the attention of your clients:
- No pre-booking
- Ashes in wooden caskets only, or loose – no plastic.
- Bronze plaques only: 7” long x 5” deep
- No memorials of any kind other that NABRASINA vases – maximum size 6” x 6”
Also, please note that the Parish Council reserves the right to remove dead flowers and anything not in accordance with these rules.
Any vase or plaque placed in the Garden of Remembrance is placed there ENTIRELY AT THE OWNER’S RISK.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Clerk on 01789 778653/07718628925.